Organization of the following process, objectives and learning outcomes
At the Faculty of Electrical Engineering in East Sarajevo, the second cycle of studies - master's studies - is organized into three study programs:
- Power Engineering
- Automation and Electronics
- Computer technology and informatics.
Master's study program
The study of the second cycle prepares students for a higher degree of study and enables them to acquire the general and specific knowledge needed to engage in scientific and research work in a specific field. Upon completion of the second cycle of studies, the academic title of Master of Electrical Engineering is acquired, which is translated into English as Master of Science (M.Sc.), with an indication of the study program. The educational degree of the second cycle in all study programs lasts one study year, that is, two semesters, which corresponds to 60 ECTS points. In addition to compulsory subjects, students also take optional subjects. After completing two semesters, each student must write and defend a final work - a master's thesis.
In addition to the general goals, which are the same as for the first cycle of studies, for the second cycle of studies the following are added as general goals:
- efficient and rational higher education of professional-scientific personnel in the field of electrical engineering, through curricula and programs with a large number of optional subjects, the contents of which are mainly related to the latest achievements in the field of electrical engineering,
- engagement of teaching staff with recognized scientific results who are able to introduce students to the methodology of research and scientific work, both from the theoretical aspect and from the aspect of further practical application,
- professional-scientific preparation of candidates for continuing education, third cycle of studies (doctorate).
General outcome of the learning process at the end of the second cycle:
- professionally trained scientific and professional staff with well-founded abilities for independent or team scientific research work, who:
- understands and is easily involved in modern scientific and professional achievements,
- has the ability to form a research team and propose, justify and find financial support for a research project of interest,
- able to independently identify problems and tasks that need to be solved through specific research, which can increase the efficiency and economy of a certain procedure or system,
- within his specialty, and beyond, he follows the development of the latest scientific and professional achievements and recognizes the needs and opportunities to deepen, expand and apply these achievements in his environment.
Curriculum - Bologna model